torsdag 31. mai 2012



Today I finished my last art assessment which was making a cubist drawing and then adding depth to it by using chalk and newspaper. 
I really liked this unit, because I really like Picasso and his work. It is very fascinating. Though to make the drawing myself was quite hard. I was not sure what I was going to do, and therefore made it less abstract than I should have, but I thought it was fun anyway.
I'm not very strong when it comes to drawing and painting and therefore this was a very creative unit that was not created to look perfect. The whole concept of it is really about showing a different side of a thing by painting/ drawing it from different angles. 

All in all I think it was an interesting unit. Unfortunately I was away two of the lessons where I could have had time to improve. 

Here is a the start of the finished product:

The final product will be posted later.

torsdag 22. mars 2012


Today I finished with my art piece and I was really happy with the result. I did only one silly mistake, and that was that there was one print that I put on the wrong place, therefore I had to change my plans a bit. This did not affect my picture at all though, since I found a solution that I even thought looked better than what I wanted in the first place. 

torsdag 15. mars 2012

Tessellation: third lesson

Today we continued on working with tessellation, which was very nice. I had a few things that I had to fix on mine. I got to test my lion print today and in the start it didn't work so well, so I had to make my cut outs much deeper and wider. Another problem was that I wanted to use a yellow colour which was very bright and light, and it did not work, because I couldn't see the lion. Therefore I found out that I had to have some darker colours to vary between. I was thinking of maybe having orange and red. Though those colours are very similar. Therefore I may chose to have a colour which will look very unnatural on a lion, but it's art, so it's ok. I guess it can make the picture look more interesting. 
I also started to draw the outlines of the print so that It will be easier to do the printing later. 

That was all I did today. 

- AJ

torsdag 8. mars 2012


Today was the second lesson with tesselation, I have already finished half of my final product. It is really easy and fun. 
I started on a new shape this time,because I wanted to see what I was able to produce before I got stuck with one. So I cut a shape out, and at first it has a lot of details. Until Seiya gave me the idea that I could actually draw a lion in stead. Which was a wonderful idea. It looks awesome! I will make sure that I post a picture on the blog next lesson. 

- AJ 

søndag 4. mars 2012

New unit: Tesselation

Today we started a new unit called Tesselation, which I have never heard of before, but seen a lot of times. It is a very interesting unit, and it seems very difficult. But we learned a lot last lesson about one way we could do it. The way we did it was that we made one line with random curves or shapes which went from one corner to the other corner at the same side of the paper. Then we taped it to the opposite side of the paper from where wee had cut. Then we did the same thing again and filled up the last missing sides. Then we drew the outlines of the shape on a different paper and found two or more living creatures or plants that had the shape of the paper. And then we did the same shapes over and over again until the whole A4 paper. Then before we knew it we had made a art piece of Tesselation.

That was all.

- AJ

torsdag 16. februar 2012

Finished and handed inn :)

Today we had our last minutes to work on the assessment, and the time was really worth it. We would never have been finished If we wouldn't have gotten that time. 
It has been very fun to work with Seiya, she's a lovely person and we always enjoy ourselves when we work together. I would love to work with her again. 
The project itself was also very cool. I have never done animation before, but I will for sure try it again. I would have loved to get better at it. 
The animation video we made now wasn't the best and it could have been improved greatly by only having a better recording system and be in a place where we would not be disturbed. 

I think for the first time, the project went very well and I'm very happy. 

 - AJ